Saying goodbye to 2022
I’m sadly saying goodbye to 2022. It was a great year in which I discovered and gained many things! For the most part it was a good financial and emotional health year. I gained an apartment as owner, yes I’m a property owner here in Huatulco! And almost every day I was in a good mood except february when I wasn’t exercising and missing the endorphins.
In general this is the year when I fell inlove with myself all over again. After having moved to Mexico coming from the United States, I hardly knew anyone here and had to build my list of friends from scratch. I discovered that Huatulquenos aren’t active people like New Yorkers are and I reduced my social life considerably because of that. Not by personal choice but life gave me the gift of loneliness.
And what did I discover?! That I LOVED being alone, I learned how to nurture myself like never before eating home cooked meals or taking myself out. It was also a time to make mends with my past. An ex boyfriend who wanted to marry me came up a lot and after thinking it through many times I realized I made the right choice in breaking up with him, otherwise I wouldn’t live the great relaxed life I live.
One of the things I was most grateful for in my past desitions was not having kids. I loved the silence of my home and the freedom to do as I please daily, without having to put a child first. I felt really lucky and joyous towards my freedom.
The quality of life I have here is very high. Here I can afford a personal trainer. Started working with one in June and my life went uplevel. I also have a cleaning lady and I’ve had a couple of masseuses in the past months. I hope to keep it up when I go back to the states but it’ll be hard since the cost of living is so high compared to here.
In general I’m very grateful for this escape from my regular life in New York. It was a way to see life from a different angle, see different customs and mindsets. It feels like I put a pause to my life so I could rest and in this tranquil state I was able to see the best in me and of me. It was really nice to make peace with all the desitions I’ve made.
I’ll always be thankful to this year also because as a very active person, it was nice to practice stillness and be a homebody for a change. My apartment is sunlit all day long so I feel like I’m outdoors while indoors until the evening. It was great to be in the BE mode instead of DO mode which Ive always partaken in. It was nice to just let life be without having to follow a route or plans.
I read about weekly retreats offered on the internet and feel like I took a year long one with myself this year. I’m more relaxed now, ready to absorb new information and ready to reinvent myself as I get back to NYC.
Comments
Post a Comment