I have 4.5 months left here

 I still have a third of my trip left though I wish I would’ve written a blog sooner. These past 13.5 months have been of exponential growth. But I figure I can still share some of that. 


Well I arrived November 2021, willing to be here for a year or maybe never return to New York. I was open to letting life live me and see it all as an adventure. 


Just a few months after living here and exhausting my beach time, I started missing nyc life but also realizing that my health insurance is one of my most treasured valuables since I have a health condition I need to manage. And so it was then that I decided I would go back to live in Nyc oscikating my winter time and spending about 3-4 months here a year. 


Huatulco, the place I chose to live during this sabbatical year, is the opposite if New York in every way. It’s peaceful and tranquil, no crowds are here, bo traffic no tall buildings. Here nature abounds, silence flourishes and relaxation is the mindset. The hustle and bustle of NYC doesn’t exist here and so it’s a great place to reboot and restore.


When I came from NYC in November I really wanted to rest. I didn’t want to move. After having travelled to about 39 countries or more, I didn’t want to see the world anymore. I wanted to stop moving and restore and within months now I’m dreaming of traveling the world again. Going to Italy in October 2022 influenced that and also my trip up north to Queretaro and San Miguel de Allende in September . 


Yes Huatulco has recharged me again. And now I’m looking forward to movement and nyc events and road trips and I’m planning a 3 month trip to South of France, Barcelona and Berlin in the summer of 2024. For my 45 th birthday!! 


For now during my 4.5 months left here, I pray my internet works every day ( it only failed 3 times during the entire year this year) because I work from zoom for an American company. And so I hope everything runs smoothly from here. 


I also just signed up with a new personal trainer at the gym and I hope to get a body recomposition gaining muscle while dropping fat. Those training sessions are intense and it’s a new challenge for me to get to the gym at 4:30 pm when I used to take over the 9 am slot. Ideally I want to drop 10 lbs of fat that I gained during my year here, mainly just by not watching my portions. 


A friend is moving with me in January so I hope we go to the best beaches and sunsets and restaurants etc. we also have a trip pending to Iaxaca city where I’ll see my childhood friends. 


I’m also investing my time and money in my apartment here in Huatulco. I plan to install new closets, doors, renovate the kitchen, put a solar boiler and solar panels for the air conditioner. I have a lot of work to do in my apartment but fortunately I still have 4 months left to do it before I rent the place out.


After this time my life will change completely as I’ll go back to nyc and live a faster paced city life. But I promise to share some of the best moments and experiences that I have left now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working abroad

Mixed feelings about going back to New York